Vouchered accessible taxi demonstration
From mid-May through July 2014 (75 days), Montana Independent Living Project (MILP) partnered with the privately owned and operated Capitol Taxi to test the utility and viability of vouchered accessible taxis as an alternative to current para-transit options in the Helena area. The demonstration had two goals:
- Offer affordable transportation as a safety net and para-transit service.
- Create observable data on public transportation pick-up and drop-off destinations within the City of Helena.
- 444 total rides were given.
- 63% of total rides were given before 5 p.m.
- 16% of total rides were given after 5 p.m.
- 18% of total rides were given on the weekend.